Recent Posts

Friday, November 18, 2011

Christina@10


She's certainly not a stranger in front of the camera. With her weekly show years ago in the city and I bet countless opportunities offered to her, she is certainly at the peak of her career back then. However, she chose to leave her family for the meantime and her comfort zone. She ventured overseas and guess what? Embarked in to film school.

Christina Sanchez Elloso was once a main stay host in my favorite ABS CBN Sunday show Chuy. She is also one in demand face and model in the city. She was then venturing into Development Communication in Xavier University. And now she is pursuing her dream that only a few are fortunate to have. Funny thing is that, in spite of such face and grace she opted to do something behind the rear.


I bet many Kagayanons missed her on TV. You need not fret since she will be back soon enough in the city. To fill up your longing for the meantime, future director Christina answers our very own Etalla's ten.


1. What do you do?
I am currently finishing my last year of film school in Barcelona, Spain.

2. Describe yourself in three words.
Easy-going, open-minded, and determined.

3. What is one thing you can't leave/live without today? 
MY CAMERA!


4. What do you value most in your life right now?
The experiences whether good or bad that I take with me during this journey right now most especially that I was blessed enough to be able to study film in Europe; that and the wonderful people who are a part of my life now are what I value the most.

5. What do you see as your greatest achievement?

Leaving my country for Spain to study film and be independent not knowing what I was in for is one. It really opened my perspective about life in general and gave me the chance to grow and mature as a person more than I could have imagined. Recently though, I would also consider the airing of our Barcelona MMK special episode nationwide last October 15, 2011 featuring Jake Cuenca and Ricky Dabao as one. The feeling of being able to film something outside your country for your country is such an honor. (online link to the episode: http://www.pinaytambayan.com/mmk-maalaala-mo-kaya-susi-october-15-2011-replay/)

6. What is the greatest regret of your life so far?

I don’t call it a regret but, I should have known earlier how important it is to always listen to what your parents have to say; to hear them out.



7. What are the things you would still want to achieve?

Would it hurt if I say I’d like (my film) to make it to the Oscars?

8. What makes you different?

The fact that I am an individual makes me different in every other way. The same goes for everybody else.

9. How do you see yourself five years from now?

Filming, filming, and lots of filming. Hopefully also by that time I’ll be proud to say to have directed not just one successful full-length film.


10. What advice can you give to yourself and to others?

That it never hurts to dream big and aim big. Where I am now and what I am doing were mere thoughts a few years ago, and then when I find myself walking along the alleyways of Europe surrounded by beautiful and ancient structures, I have to pinch myself again. Anything is possible. At the same time, always treasure the people close to your heart most especially your family. They are the ones who are going to always have your back on good and bad times.

Oscars for sure is not far-fetched for Christina. With a girl of her determination and beauty, it is for certain that one day, she will be bringing not only the name of the country towards the film pedestal but also the name of the city. And when that time comes, I am sure she will make us proud.


Get to know Christina more via:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/christinaelloso
Website: http://christinasanchezelloso.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave a message and I will surely get back to you. Thank you so much <3