Recent Posts

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Single?

Everyone experienced being single. Somewhere in our lives there were occasions when love and relationships were nowhere to be found. And I for one was also involve and a member of the singles club. I must say that during these times, I was frustrated, depressed and sad for not having that special someone. But in spite of that lacking aspect in my adult life, how did I survive all these?

Credit: Flickr

Being single is not a curse for one to carry. It is even a privilege and an opportunity. In this phase, one can improve one’s self in preparation for the relationship. Years ago I had read the book entitled “I Kissed Dating Goodbye” by Joshua Harris. It was an interesting book to begin with. The title itself is catchy and its contents are amazing. Reading this book was my eye opener on how to make the most of my singleness.

So let me share to you a little portion of the book’s lesson and how exactly did I applied it.

• The right thing at the wrong time is the wrong thing. I want to do things as fast as I can. So when I tend to see couples before being oh so sweet, I tend to hastily join a romantic chat room and chat with a guy hoping he would be my next boyfriend. And guess what, every time, it failed and I end up being more depressed. The book inculcated the virtue of delaying gratification. The world might deliver us instant results even in the course of relationships but it can’t guarantee results. I am a girl who believes in happy ever after even if it might seem vague and impossible. And I know for sure, that making such hasty decisions can also pave the way of a hasty ending relationship. Thus I was driven to wait until the right man comes at the right time.

• Any season of singleness is a gift. This is very true. It is in this phase where I did maximize my freedom. Thoughts of being single mostly occupied my mind but doing stuffs that you can while in this state and putting it in action can swipe the thoughts away. I tend to do different things. I enrolled myself in music lessons particularly the violin and the arts. I was inculcating the thought that it would be wonderful to add a skill or two so when the one comes, he would see more.

• Making the most of your singleness. As I had indicated in the previous bullet, I learned totally new lessons to insert on my free times. And I was also a professional working then. Being in a relationship means loving someone new. Being single means loving someone old. So I tend to spend more time with my family. I immediately rush home after school and bond with my brother and parents when they get back from work. I tend to spend weekends with my closest college friends and hang out. It was like the moment of bonding for individuals who were already dear to me.

See? Being single after all is a fun time for you and for your family and friends. I know keeping yourself busy can also be a big help to suffice your single time. Just make sure that when you keep yourself busy, you are enjoying yourself in the process. A simple note, you don’t need that special someone to make you smile. If you can’t make yourself happy then how can you be assured when the right man comes, you can also make him happy?

As an add-on note, love yourself. It’s the best thing you can give and do for the meantime. Stay positive and good luck in finding the man of your dreams.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave a message and I will surely get back to you. Thank you so much <3